Tuesday, April 28, 2009
I like talking with creative people - always have - and I have been interviewing people as part of my on-going research [term used loosely] into things creative for sometime now.
I have decided to do something with the information I have already as well as seeking more so . . . . .
I am proposing to write two 'playbooks' [as opposed to workbooks] - working titles - The Dimensions of Creativity and Habits for Creating. They will contain a variety of activities, quotes, games, profiles of creative people etc. I wanted to expand my research a little wider so I emailed a bunch of people around the world through a creativity network of which I am a part [The Creative Skills Training Council - http://www.cstc-apa.com/] seeking answers to the questions below.
The questions were:
1. What part has creativity / creating played in your life?
2. In what ways do you express your creativity?
3. Was there a point in your life when you recognised that you were creative? How did that come about?
4. How would you describe / explain your creative process, in particular do you have any 'habits' that support your creativity?
5. What suggestions / tips would you give to others who want to explore their creativity?
6. What role do any of the following 'creativity dimensions' play in your creative process?
Now, if you read this blog and would like to contribute then I would welcome your contribution.You can email it email@example.com. All contributions will be acknowledged.
So keep a eye on this blog because each of the contributors will be profiled - adding to those that are already on the blog.