Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Creativity Questions

I like talking with creative people - always have - and I have been interviewing people as part of my on-going research [term used loosely] into things creative for sometime now.
I have decided to do something with the information I have already as well as seeking more so . . . . .

I am proposing to write two 'playbooks' [as opposed to workbooks] - working titles - The Dimensions of Creativity and Habits for Creating. They will contain a variety of activities, quotes, games, profiles of creative people etc. I wanted to expand my research a little wider so I emailed a bunch of people around the world through a creativity network of which I am a part [The Creative Skills Training Council - http://www.cstc-apa.com/] seeking answers to the questions below.


The questions were:

1. What part has creativity / creating played in your life?

2. In what ways do you express your creativity?

3. Was there a point in your life when you recognised that you were creative? How did that come about?

4. How would you describe / explain your creative process, in particular do you have any 'habits' that support your creativity?

5. What suggestions / tips would you give to others who want to explore their creativity?

6. What role do any of the following 'creativity dimensions' play in your creative process?


  • vision

  • reality

  • courage

  • curiosity

  • competence

Now, if you read this blog and would like to contribute then I would welcome your contribution.You can email it wayne@future-edge.co.nz. All contributions will be acknowledged.


So keep a eye on this blog because each of the contributors will be profiled - adding to those that are already on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment