Sunday, March 22, 2009

Creative Side-roads

I travelled from New Plymouth to Masterton in the weekend - a four hour drive for a one hour gig [the Grafia Blues
Project] playing with friends at the Aratoi Gallery - and a four hour drive back gain. I am sure my family think I'm nuts - and they could well be right.
On the drive down I passed through Eketahuna [yes it really does exist] and saw a sign advertising a gallery. I made a mental note to visit on my return home. It wasn't such a pleasant day and I was tired so it would have been easier to pass it by. I'm glad I didn't. Although I arrived at the same time as the gallery owners visitors he unlocked it for me and left me to look around. I never had the chance to talk to him but the visit was well worth it.


His name is Mark Dimock. You can see more of Mark's work at http://www.bumpkin.co.nz/
Creative side-roads are always worth travelling down.
You never know where they will take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment