- ideas had to be submitted prior to the day
- any idea must be able to be implemented within 18 months
- the idea must contribute to national or regional growth, and
- attract funding from the private sector
This is what happened last week in Auckland, New Zealand.
With more than 170 ideas pre-submitted, these were whittled down to a top 5.
- Tourists buy a $10,000 debit card which must be spent in New Zealand and have their airfare to New Zealand free from anywhere in the world.
- Establish a capital fund to attract investors to help fund the growth phase of small to medium businesses
- Transfer the funds presently used to poison possums [about $200 million a year] to pay for trappers to collect the skins for processing into high value products
- Reform the present research and development system to help bring ideas more quickly to market, and
- Encourage a national positive attitude through a campaign dubbed 'Give it a go, bro!' This would include an advertising campaign and youth education. More about this in a later blog
Lets see which ones fly!!