Saturday, May 23, 2009

I am in two minds

I don't pretend to be a poet but every now and then words come that I like to write down. These ones came in response to reading about the workings of the brain and trying to answer the question - is there an optimal state of mind in which one is more creative and if there is what is it? More on this in future blogs.

TWO MINDS
I am in two minds.
A day to day mind - practical -
of timetables and necessary things.
My other mind - of possibility and potential -
of thought from somewhere else
without obvious source, often random.
My day to day mind - safe and thorough.
My other mind involves risk
- an unfinished mind.
Alone I spend more time in my other mind
dreaming and scheming
but that's often where it ends.
What if I lived more in my other mind and
enlisted the help of my day to day mind.
How would life be different?
I also started series of art works with the same theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment